Relive Jaw Pain & Live A Pain-free Life with Our TMD Treatment in Mount Waverley
Looking for a Melbourne-based dental clinic to address your jaw or facial pain and throbbing headaches? Look no further than Syndal Dentistry.
At Syndal Dentistry, Mount Waverley, we provide comprehensive and patient-focused dental care. Plus, we can help you if you are suffering from temporomandibular disorder (TMD) and are experiencing symptoms such as:
- Grinding, grating or popping noise when opening and closing the mouth or moving your jaw
- Inconsistent jaw movements while speaking or eating
- Sore facial muscles
- Tender jaw muscles or jaw pain
- Having difficulty or experiencing pain when yawning, chewing, or opening the mouth wide
- Unable to fully open the mouth to eat certain foods or take large bites because the jaw feels locked
- Teeth wear that is unusual (likely to be noticed by the dentist)
- Regular headaches, especially when first waking up in the morning. This could mean that your headaches are the result of bruxism (teeth grinding) or teeth clenching in your sleep, which means you require specific jaw treatments.
- A throbbing earache that spreads to the rest of the face
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Stiffness or pain experienced at the back of the head or in the neck
A night guard, or an occlusal splint, can be custom-made for you to help relieve these symptoms and protect your teeth. If left unprotected while you are grinding or clenching, your teeth may start to form cracks, wear down and may even fracture.
Splint therapy can help relieve symptoms, but to address the core problem, our dentists can also liaise with other medical professionals such as physiotherapists, oral medicine specialists and ENT specialists. We can discuss with you what the best TMD treatment options are for you in Mount Waverley.
Have earaches, headaches, jaw pain or face pain? Let us assist
With the wide range of signs that a TMD disorder can exhibit, it is easy to see how it can be misdiagnosed by those with little expertise in this practice. If you are experiencing throbbing earache, headaches, jaw pain or facial pain that has been ineffective to medical treatments in the past, your issues may be musculoskeletal in nature. They may respond well to specific TMD treatment provided by our dentist with the help of physiotherapists, oral medicine specialists and ENT specialists in Mount Waverley. To schedule an appointment, please call us at (03) 9069 3266.